Content marketing can be an incredibly effective way to promote your business. However, if no one is reading or viewing your content, it does little good for your company.
But that’s the reality that many businesses are facing today. As more and more businesses are jumping on the content marketing trend, it can be harder to get noticed.
That’s the question Stan and I tackle in this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast. It’s an important question and we give some great tips to help you address this issue.
Here are some of the things we cover in this
- How the content marketing landscape has changed in the past few years and why it’s harder to get noticed that ever before.
- Mark Schaefer’s “content shock” theory and what that means for businesses embarking on content marketing.
- Top reasons why companies are not getting noticed with their content.
- Does “getting noticed” mean you’re chasing pageviews, social media shares and comments? Or, is it something else?
- How to tell if content marketing is working for your business.
- How much time should you spend on creating content versus promoting content?
- Our favorite tactics for promoting your content.
And since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, we even share the best way to cook your turkey!
Your Questions Answered
We’ve also added a new segment to the show where we answer YOUR social media and content marketing questions. Here are the two questions we answered
- Jon Moss (@JonFMoss): “How niche should one go with all this content?”
- Beth Inglish McMillan (@bethinglish): “What’s the balance between going for it and testing out a loose strategy to see what works organically and waiting to develop a clearly defined framework before implementing?”
Want your question answered on our next show? There are a few easy ways to send us your questions:
- Send us a tweet using the #PSPodcast hashtag
- Record your question over at Stan’s blog
- Leave a comment below
Social Shout Out
In every episode, we highlight people and businesses
doing great work with content marketing and social media.
See why we gave these folks some love this week:
Give it a Listen!
Ready to check out this week’s episode? Get it right here.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/177541294″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast! If you like what you heard, we encourage you to subscribe and leave us a review. Here’s where you can find us:
We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode!
Stan and I appreciate your support!