Grassroots marketing is one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book. It’s a super-targeted, hyper-local effort focused on a specific group of people.
Where advertising and mass media seeks to attract a wide swath of attention, grassroots marketing focuses on building deeper connections with people on a personal level.
For start-ups and local businesses, grassroots marketing is a no-brainer. It’s often the go-to strategy when you’re strapped for cash or looking to connect with people in your community.
But is it still relevant in today’s digital marketing landscape? And, does it make sense for your business?
That’s what we’ll discuss in today’s episode of The Marketing Huddle.
How to Use Grassroots Marketing for Your Business
Here are the topics we cover in today’s episode:
- What is grassroots marketing and does it make sense for your business;
- The importance of the “ground game” in grassroots marketing;
- What you can learn about grassroots marketing from political campaigns;
- How bands use “street teams” to get the word out (and what you can learn from that);
- The power of building a community of people and using fans and ambassadors to spread the word about your brand;
- Examples of successful grassroots marketing campaigns; and
- Why grassroots marketing might make sense for your brand — despite the hefty investment in time.
For full show notes, visit The Marketing Huddle website.
Listen to the Show
Ready to give this week’s show a listen? It’s only 14 minutes long, so you can easily check it out on your lunch break or commute. Give it a listen here.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/218236621″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please spread the word on social media using the icons below or leave us a review on iTunes. We might just share your comments on our next show! And, to thank you for your time, we’ll send you a snazzy leather journal for your review. Here’s how to get it!
We look forward to your feedback!
Have you tried a grassroots marketing effort? What has worked for you? Leave us a comment below and share your thoughts.