I don’t know about you, but it’s hard to believe that it’s December and that we’re less than one month away from 2015.
With 2015 right around the corner, it’s important to have your content marketing plan ready to go to start the year off right.
If you still don’t know what next year’s content plan looks like, Stan and I offer up some tips to help you get started in this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast.
Building a Content Plan
Here are just some of the things we discussed:
- What is a content marketing plan and why do you need one?
- The key components of a content marketing plan and how to get started.
- The power of clearly articulated goals to help you drive content marketing success.
- How to package your content and determine which mediums to pursue with your content marketing efforts.
- How to attract the right customers with your content marketing.
- Why you might not need a 12-month plan after all and what to create instead.
- How to create a budget for your content marketing efforts.
- Why there is no such thing as free marketing.
Worth a Read
Stan and I also introduced a new segment where we shared a couple of articles that caught our attention. Here’s what we discussed this week:
- It Might Be Time to for You To Quit Marketing on Facebook — Jon Loomer
- Why Facebook’s War on Marketing is a Good Thing — Rohit Bhargava
In each episode, we also offer up a tactic or perspective that listeners can use to boost their efforts.
- Stan – Quit writing your blog posts in Microsoft Word! Stan recommends Mars Edit or Blogo. See why.
- Laura – Take stock of existing content and see how you can repurpose it for your blog. I give several ideas for places to look for content you can re-use.
Social Shout Out
In every episode, we highlight people and businesses
doing great work with content marketing and social media. Here are two awesome folks we think you should check out:
Listen to the Podcast
Ready to give it a listen?
Download this week’s episode right here.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/179639503″ params=”color=ff9900&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast! And, if you don’t want to miss another episode, be sure to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher.
Here’s where you can find us:
And if you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave a review. This week, we want to thank Michelle Quillen for her kind review.
Thanks for listening!