As a digital marketer, I throw around the “content marketing” term all day long. But, if you don’t work in the space, it may sound like a confusing marketing buzzword that has left you scratching your head.
It doesn’t help that there are tons of definitions out there
for content marketing.
in this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast, Stan and I want to clear up the confusion and help you better understand content marketing and why it’s a valuable tool for your business.
Here’s what we cover in this week’s episode:
- What content marketing is (and what it isn’t)
- How is content marketing different than sales content?
- Why simply creating content is not enough – distribution and promotion is critical
- The key ingredients of a successful content strategy
- How do you know what kind of content to write or create?
- Should you outsource content marketing?
- Expert tips to always have content ideas at the ready
- How does content marketing drive results and how long does it take to
- How much content is enough to achieve success?
- Quick, actionable tips to create more content
Social Shout Outs
In every episode, we highlight people and businesses
doing great work in the world content marketing and social media that you might not already know about.
Here are our shout outs for this week – we hope you’ll give them a look and see why we gave them some love:
We also mentioned some super-smart friends of ours on the show – Marcus Sheridan, Mark Schaefer and Gini Dietrich. If you don’t know them, check them out too! I also give some love to UpDesk
– I’m obsessed
with my standing desk with a white board top!
Listen to the Podcast
By now, I know you can’t WAIT to give it a listen, right? Download this week’s episode right here.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/175368573″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
If you like what you heard, we encourage you to subscribe:
Have a Question for Us?
Stan and I want to make sure that our podcast is useful and helpful to you. One way we want to do that is by answering your burning questions about digital marketing and social media. Simply send us your questions and we’ll answer them on the show!
There are a few
ways to do that:
- Send us a tweet using the #PSPodcast hashtag
- Record your question over at Stan’s blog
- Leave a comment below
We can’t wait to hear from you!