Marketers have a natural tendency to focus on attracting new customers. But, an important component of marketing and business success is customer service and retention.
After all, keeping your existing customers happy is an important driver toward your bottom line.
And social media might just be the best thing that has happened to customer service. It can be a fantastic tool for connecting with your audience in a way that was never possible before.
If you’ve been wondering how to use social media to improve your customer service, respond to questions and feedback, you’ll love today’s show.
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
- Why you shouldn’t let complaints keep you from engaging on social media;
- How complaints on social media can become opportunities for your brand;
- Why you should take complaints offline and avoid getting into debates online;
- How to deal with trolls who constantly stir the pot;
- The importance of developing a process for answering questions;
- What to do with positive comments you receive on social media channels;
- Which social media channels you should monitor for customer service;
- How quickly to respond to customer questions and comments; and
- Top tools to use to monitor social media channels.
We’ve even got a blooper in this episode, so if you want to get a laugh and hear us totally mess up, you’ll want to tune in.
Listen to the Show
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/229610168″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
For show notes and other resources, check out our post on The Marketing Huddle.
Get our Free Marketing Toolkit
Speaking of tools, we have a special bonus for our — a free eBook with our favorite marketing tools!
During Episode 10, we spent almost an hour discussing our favorite marketing tools. But here’s a secret, we didn’t cover our complete list — because it would have been a four-hour podcast.
Instead, we put our entire list of 46 top marketing tools in an eBook! Sign up for the eBook and we’ll make sure you’re updated regularly with our favorite new resources and tools. Get it here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for checking out today’s show! How do you use social media for customer service? How do you handle complaints? Let us know in the comments!
Also, if you enjoyed today’s show, we encourage you to leave us a review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable and we love hearing from our awesome listeners. As a thank you for your iTunes review, we’ll send you a FREE leather-bound journal! Once you’ve left a review, go here to tell us where to send it.
We look forward to your feedback!