Reading Roundup: The Fuss About Google Plus
This week, I’m taking a brief social media vacation because I’m helping my family prepare for my baby sister’s wedding on Saturday. That warrants a break, don’t you think?
However, I don’t want to leave you hanging, so I wanted to share some links to some other awesome stuff I’ve read around the web. This is actually something I’ve done before. I would love to know what you think about seeing posts like this every now and then.
And, at the end of the post, feel free to weigh in and share links to the best stuff you’ve read lately as I’m always looking for fresh, new blogs and great content.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Google Plus
In case you haven’t heard, last week Google launched Google Plus, the company’s latest attempt at social media. If you want to learn more about it, check out Google’s introductory videos.
Google Plus is still in a limited beta, so not everyone has access to it yet (myself included). However, some folks have managed to get their hands on Google Plus and have started giving their thoughts and early predictions on the tool.
I’ll be sure to weigh in once I get access, but in the meantime, I thought you might like to see what some other folks have to say about it:
- What the heck is Google Plus? – Gini Dietrich shared her initial thoughts and offered links to a number of other folks who are weighing in.
- Why Google Has the Hammer to Make Businesses Use Google Plus – Jay Baer talks about the business implications of Google Plus, especially when Plus Pages gets rolled out later this year.
- For Google, the Party is Over Before It Starts – Mark Schaefer believes that Google Plus is NOT a Facebook killer (and I agree).
- The Google Plus 50 – Chris Brogan gives 50 observations and things to think about with the rollout of Google Plus.
- Sex Problems at Google+ – Quentin Hardy at Forbes talks about the gender gap in the early phase of Google Plus. Gini Dietrich hinted at this in her post and Margie Clayman also talked about men ruling the roost in Google Plus – at least so far.
Have you checked out Google Plus yet? If so, what do you think about it?
What’s the best thing you’ve read so far this week?
P.S. Since I’m on a social media vacation, I won’t be responding to comments right away. Rest assured, I will read every one of them, so don’t be shy about starting the conversation without me!