There’s been a lot of optimism on the web this week. After all, since we’re just days into the New Year there has been a lot of talk about resolutions, goals and fresh starts.
Feels nice, doesn’t it?
There’s so much good stuff out there, it’s enough to make your head spin, so I’ve picked out five of my favorites from the week that you just can’t miss!
Without further adieu, here’s this week’s Reading Roundup:
- 20-Life Changing Habits That Will Make Your 2012 the Best Year Ever – How’s that for a headline?! And the content is just as good. Instead of talking about all of the things you should be doing this year, Marcus Sheridan stresses there are number of things we should stop doing if we want to be successful. And, he’s right. If you read one post off of this list, read this one. It’s that good.
- The Myth of Readiness – My friend, Travis Robertson, reminded us that we’re never truly ready to tackle to the hurdles in front of us. If you want to reach your goals, prepare, then act. Sage advice to start the year.
- Failure is Not Doing – So much of the reason we fail is that we never start in the first place. Aaron Lee hits the nail on the head with this one and asked his readers to share their definitions of failure. Also, it includes an AWESOME video of a guy’s journey to the Boston Marathon – it will life your heart for sure!
- What the Iowa Caucus Can Teach Us About Blogging – Switching gears a bit, my pal, Stanford Smith, beautifully compared blogging to politics. Now, before you start rolling your eyes, stick with me here. Much like politicians, bloggers need to master the art of standing out. If you sound like everyone else, it will be hard to rise above the pack. If you want to take your blog to the next level this year, read this post.
- Are You Ready for Return on Influence? – My dear friend, Mark Schaefer, has just announced his next book, Return on Influence! Yes, the book talk about Klout, but it also goes further to discuss how how influence has become the currency of the social web and what companies are doing to leverage it. I’m excited to get my hands on it! It doesn’t come out until March, but if you pre-order it now, you’ll get a free 30-page e-book from Mark. I’ve already seen the e-book and it’s awesome! Check out the blog post for details.
What were your favorite blog posts this week? What has inspired you to start 2012 off right?