Whether or not you’ve heard of Erik Qualman, chances are good you’ve seen his incredibly popular Socialnomics videos. In these videos, Erik took complex world of social media and broke it down into a three-minute lesson that succinctly explained the power of this new medium.
I know I’ve used Erik’s videos on many occasions — especially when talking to audiences who are struggling to understand social media.
Because Erik has long had his finger on the pulse of the social media landscape, it was an honor and pleasure to have him on the Pushing Social Podcast.
Here are just some of the things we discussed:
- Why the Socialnomics book and videos hit such a nerve in the business community.
- The biggest changes in social media in the past few years, but the one thing that has remained consistent.
- Top tips for social media success.
- What it means to “be flawsome” and some examples of companies that have done this well.
- A practical tip from Guy Kawasaki on how to make your LinkedIn profile more appealing.
Worth a Read
In this episode, Stan and I also chatted about how vloggers in England are being forced to label ads in their videos. We wonder if those changes will come to the states. Here’s the article that spurred the conversation:
Social Shout Out
In every episode, we highlight people and businesses
doing great work with content marketing and social media. Here are two awesome folks we think you should check out:
Listen to the Podcast
Ready to give it a listen?
Download this week’s episode right here.
We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of the Pushing Social Podcast!
And, if you don’t want to miss another episode, be sure to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. Here’s where you can find us:
And if you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave a review.
We’d love to know what you thought of us having a guest — especially what you thought of Erik. We hope you enjoyed listening to him as much as we did!