Let’s be honest. Marketing and sales don’t always get along. Yes, marketing should absolutely help drive sales, but the sales team doesn’t always see it that way. The sales team wants to see actual results — real, qualified leads that can turn into business for the company – not just weak numbers about impressions, reach and page views.
Although the perception of your sales team might be that marketing is just a bunch of fluff, we believe otherwise — especially when it comes to content marketing. In fact, your content can become your best sales person if you do it the right way.
Content Marketing for Your Sales Team
Content marketing absolutely be a game changer for businesses and show incredible value for the sales team by generating interest and demand for your company.
So, how does that work? How does content marketing help the sales team?
That’s exactly what we discuss in this week’s episode of The Marketing Huddle. Here are some of the questions Stan and I tackle on the show:
- Why should a sales team care about content marketing? How can it help sales?
- How do you make your content more sales friendly (and it’s not what you think)?
- How can your sales team use content to support their efforts?
- Should you sales team be creating content?
- What is social selling? How is that different from content marketing?
Here are some other tweetable tidbits from the show:
This week in marketing:
Every episode, we also discuss marketing news that has caught our attention. This week, we talk about the new
live-streaming video apps – Periscope and Meerkat. Here’s the article we reference in the show:
Marketing MVP: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Every week, we highlight a person or business who is really rocking their marketing efforts to give you some inspiration on how you can level up with your marketing. I picked Jeni’s
Splendid Ice Creams. Not only is their ice cream amazing, but their marketing is super delicious too! Listen to the show and check out their social media profiles and you’ll quickly see why I picked Jeni’s!
Each week, we like to answer a burning marketing question from our audience. This week, we had a great question from my good friend, Kerry Woo, a photographer in Nashville:
How do use offline marketing to compliment and round out your online presence?
Want to ask a question for
us to answer on the show? Visit The Marketing Huddle website and click on the voicemail button to the right to record your question or
send in a text question here.
Show notes & resources:
Here are some additional people and resources we mention during this week’s show.
- Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion
- Leslie Samuel
- Joe Pulizzi’s orange boots
- Jay Baer’s bottle opener business card
Listen to This week’s Episode!
Ready to check out this week’s show? You can download the show right here or listen using the player below.
Thanks for your support!
We’re so grateful for everyone who has spread the word about our new show and has left us a review. THANK YOU!
Thanks to your support, we’ve hit
the front page of the New & Noteworthy section on iTunes a couple of times. But, we need your help to
If you haven’t already done so, we’d love your help to get The Marketing Huddle in front of the right people. There are few things you can do to help us make that happen:
- Subscribe to the show. Subscribe to the show on iTunes or through your favorite podcast app. Go here for various ways to subscribe to the show.
- Leave us a review on iTunes. Reviews on iTunes are one of the best ways for new podcasts to get noticed. Not to mention, your review will give us valuable feedback for the show. As an added bonus, if you leave a review, we might just give you a shout out on the show!
- Spread the word. We’d also love for you to spread the word on social media. Here are a few easy ways to do this:
We’ve got something special planned for our Marketing Huddle Fan Club. If you help us spread the word now, we’ll make sure you’re the first to know about what we’ve got up our sleeves!
Thanks again for your help! We hope you enjoy this week’s show!