I don’t know what the weather is like in your part of the world. But, I can assure you that it is HOT in Nashville.
We’re supposed to break all sorts of records today with an expected temperature of 107 today. Yikes! It’s a good thing I have plans to be working indoors!
If you’re going to be sitting at your desk today like I am, here are five hot business articles you should check out:
- 9 Beliefs of Remarkably Successful People - This post from Jeff Haden Inc. has been shared a bazillion times, so it’s possible you’ve already seen it. But, it’s too good not to share. Jeff takes note of the common threads among the incredibly successful people and shares what makes them tick. It’s a great read for those who want to take their business – and life – to the next level.
- An Open Letter to Those Who Make Check In Calls – As a business owner, I get bombarded with calls like this. Raise your hand if you know what I’m talking about here! If you get these kind of sales calls, you know how irritating they can be. This post from Anythony Iannarino talks about how your sales team can follow up in a much more effective way.
- 12 Surefire Strategies to Increase Customer Loyalty - Although finding new business is incredibly important, we can ignore the power of our current customers. This post from Small Business Trends rounds up advice from 12 entrepreneurs and offers tips to keep your customers happy and coming back for more.
- How to Create More Margin in Your Life – I can always count on Michael Hyatt for stellar business and leadership tips. This post talks about how he builds a template for his “ideal week” to better manage his calendar and prevent overload. As a busy entrepreneur, I can relate to this problem. Can you? If so, check this out. I’d love to know if you try it and if it works for you.
- The Essential Guide to (Not) Responding to Critics - In business and in life there are always going to be people who are critical of you and your work. It’s never easy to hear – even if the words are untrue. Jeff Goins shares a great story about how to handle criticism so you can focus on what really matters.
Hope you have a great weekend. Stay cool!
There were a ton of other great posts out there this week. What were some of your favorites? Feel free to share in the comments!